At Clínica Kam we offer General Practice and Family Care services through our doctor Julio Armas Castro. The family doctor is responsible for providing comprehensive and on going care to any individual seeking medical care and may involve other health professionals.
After primary care, the family doctor will decide, with the patient’s informed consent, whenever possible, the collaboration of other specialists or health professionals in the community as well as in the hospital environment, through the Interconsultation or derivation, elaborating the appropriate report and ensuring that continuity in care is guaranteed.
Portfolio of services in the area of family medicine:
- Health Promotion activities: educational lectures, healthy careers and walks, healthy diet workshops, among others.
- Weight loss programs with diet scheme design, exercise plan and follow-up based on medical history and personalized nutritional needs.
- Complete nutritional study with anthropometry, determination of body fat and basal metabolic rate.
- Smoking cessation programs. Initial consultation with basic spirometry, pulsoxymetry and respiratory functional tests. Nicotine dependency Test. Personalized and weekly follow-up scheme.
- Control of chronic diseases such as COPD, HTA, bronchial asthma, renal diseases and diabetes mellitus.
- Chronic pain management, short-and long-term treatment schemes.
- Documentary management of second medical opinions.
- Comprehensive assessment and monitoring of patients with fibromyalgia, SQM and chronic fatigue syndrome. Support groups and family respite.
- Senile dementia and related illnesses. Management in the family area.
- Medical emergencies.
In short, we offer a primary and comprehensive care for you and the whole family throughout the process of ailment.
- General Practice and Family Care, Medicina General / Medicina Familiar