Botulinum toxin is a substance produced by a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum, which causes muscle paralysis. A very small dose has been used for multiple treatments that require this benefit such as migraines, spasmodic torticollis, among others, and at the aesthetic level, injected into the muscles of the face, paralyzing them to relax them and prevent the appearance of wrinkles or soften those that already They exist for about 5-6 months.
With this treatment you get:
- Rejuvenate the look immediately.
- Relax the facial muscles, eliminating or attenuating wrinkles and leaving the skin relaxed, toned and smooth and restoring the radiance to the face.
- The duly accredited medical professional must seek, above all, natural, healthy and harmonious results in each patient.
What should be known about the toxin?
- The toxin is prepared in vials very well dosed and the dose of a vial is not enough to produce toxicity to a person exceeding 10 kg, so we can say that it is a safe procedure.
- The result of the toxin disappears between approximately 5-6 months, so you should wait for this time to recover the initial state, in case you have not achieved the desired effect.
- Small bruises may appear at the site of injection, so it is recommended not to take salicylate derivatives one week before application, to prevent their occurrence.
- It will begin to notice its effect from the 3rd day and may continue progressing until the 7th day.
- You can apply makeup 24 hours after administration.
Contraindications for its administration:
- Patients with myasthenia gravis.
- Allergy known to toxin or albumin.
- Infection in the area of application.
- It is not recommended in pregnancy, lactation, renal failure.
What happens when there is an excess of eyelid and with botulinum toxin the desired response is not obtained?
In this case it is solved by means of blepharoplasty, which can be with surgery and without surgery. In our center we apply blepharoplasty without surgery.
- Facial Treatments